Of Marsh and Marble
- 1 Summary
- 2 Scribe Notes
- 3 Info
- 4 Mil-Sci
- 5 Calendar
- 6 Summer
Adventure: Of Marsh and Marble
Session: Spring 822
Night: Mondays 7:15pm start - First session date: 19, SEP
Location: Online - Role20
Level: med - lower end (4-6 adventures)
- Remel elderly cook - scribe
- Snowdrop ice archer
- Ashe earth warrior - Mil Sci
- Grimmuck Groz'Gronack fire starter - Party Leader
- Vargr - glaive wielder
Mission: Locate and bring back Weiss, assuming he is functioning, and/or bring back his remains.
Ideal Adventures: Mix of outdoor rough terrain survivalists and urban ruins/dungeon explores. Having atleast one proficient sailor and/or navigator would be an advantage.
- Customisable armor (To be completed in 6 months time and delivered by Autumn 823 guild meeting)
- Pre-Payment of tax for custom made armor.
- Assuming successful recovery of Weiss, possibility of up to three modifications to spells that you know each, new possibilities for celestial casters.
- All loot and valuables found on adventure
Days on Adventure:
Guild Security Notes:
- Valmi's magnetic and true north are off by about 35* from each other
- Flying is highly unrecommended unless you seek a quick but painful death.
- Use of magical abilities tend to have wild results. any non-damaging spells that targets entities or objects have potential to target multiple viable targets within maximum range of said spell. when such spells require concentration, or the magic is only intended to target a single entity (such as a control spell) commands or effects will only be sent randomly to one of the affected objects/entities at a time.
- Use of the spell preparation ritual can be used to exert greater control on the wild magic allowing complete control over additional potential targets (E.G: what is specifically targeted) including choosing not to use any potential additional targets. Minute casting will allow you to disregard unwanted additional targets but not allow specific extra targets.
- Double/triple effects can also be used to generate additional targets of any such spell(as detailed) or/(and in case of triple) control targeting as if the spell preparation ritual was used.
- Invested items seem to be unaffected
- Records in Cecile's workshop made a pass note that during the end of the Alluvian Desert Elf empire, occupied territory was often "infested" by gargoyles and occasionally became lairs of other dark beasts making territory difficult to retake effectively.
- Meeting Cecile for adventure briefing. Travel to Tyco.
- Fight kidnappers, through portal.
- Sail to island and travel on canoe
- Travel across marshy island on canoe, fight Lizard people
- Travel with Naga to their besieged camp. Spy on Lizard people
We meet our employer, Cecile a sentient stone golem, in meeting room five. She is employing the party to retrieve a member of her family, another golem, Weiss. Weiss was hear from thousands of years ago an island across the sea, he has talents with magic and was working on their teleportation rings, he is damaged, but alive, his indicator changed to orange when an earthquake occurred. The island is covered in marshes so Cecile cannot travel across it herself to rescue Weiss. Its currently autumn in her world, Cecile lives in a tropical zone as is warm but the island its to the south so it might be colder there.
Cecile would like us to leave tonight so we complete the guild paperwork, buy assorted potions an obtaining lesser and then travel via portal to Tyco, staying the night in one of her merchant houses overnight.
The next morning Cecile provides us a map of the city of Ranule, on Galfine, as it was 9,200 years ago. Buildings were up to six stories back then, and the sea level was much lower. As the sea level has risen the fertile island has become marshy. Ranule had magical defences, these may not have survived the war. Gargoyles and other dark creatures from the war may still be on the island. There was an earthquake two years ago and Weiss’ linking life force changed to orange. Cecile visited the island but much of it was accessible as it had become marsh, although the stone dock on the island was still intact.
We spend a few hours shopping for supplies they head to Hoise Sulis training school, its is a few hours out of town, we travel there on a car pulled by the stone bear. About an hour out of Tyco we are attacked by 5 heavily armed Orcs and their two dwarven employees. We quickly overwhelm them, in part due to Grimmuck devastating fire attacks. The captured Dwarves explain they are competitors who have lost trade to House Sulis and wanted to kidnap Celie. We take the captors back to Tyco, the dwarves are handed over to the authorities and the Orc ransomed at their guild.
A few hours later we reach the House Sulis mansion where we receive out greater enchantments and head through the portal to Valmi. We seem to travel through the portal for around 10mins and we find ourselves on a sunny beach, it seems to be about six hours later here.
We seem to travel through the portal from House Sulis and travel for around 10mins, we then find ourselves in the edge of the town of Velm, under the noonday sun overlooking sunny beach. The town still shows some unrepaired damage from the earthquake two year ago, Cecile takes us to a tavern for lunch.
We head to the port and board a trimaran, spending the next two days sailing to Ceciles home. We spend five days there as Cecile makes some enchanted boots for us that lets us walk in the marsh. Three days are spend sailing to the island, four sailors and a mermaid join as crew to assist us sailing given most of the party done have sailing experience. On the second day we see enormous fins a miles from the boat, but they don’t bother us. We circumnavigate the island when we arrive and some of the coast line has been lost, deciding to sail up the outlet on the south eastern part of the island.
Under the power of mage current we navigate the canoe up the river, we need to occasionally disembark to get past marsh, making about 40 miles that day. We tie up while its light at copse of willow trees and make camp. The night passes uneventfully, the insects were kept away with the concoctions provided by the auction house. We travel for a few hours before the river becomes too shallow to progress, we spend the remainder of the day alternate between sailing and pulling the boat behind us – we cover about 20 miles that day.
The following day we are able to sail and around lunch time come across a border dispute, with Naga (15) and Lizard (20) people in entrenched positions on either side of the river. Deciding not to get ourselves in a fight we know nothing about we retreat a mile back down the river, hiding the canoe and make our way on foot through the side with the Lizard people. Ah hour or so later we encounter two wounded Naga chased by a band of heavily armed Lizard people. We try to engage parlay but the Lizard people violent attack us, a side picked for us fight back and slay the Lizard people, however Remel does take some ferocious blows.
We search the bodies then dispose of them into the marsh. They Naga speak low ranked Elven, they are weary but agree to accept our aid. They appear to a warrior who is guarding a younger Naga, who has the authority. We trek some miles through the marsh and setup a new camp for the night.
The next day we discuss the next steps with Naga. The younger Naga, just to the frustration of the warrior Naga, agreed to let us help them. We march that day and we make it to back to the river, and find the aftermath of a battle. It appears that the Lizard people overwhelmed the Naga and chased the retreating Naga. Snowdrop catches some piranha for dinner.
The following day we follow the trail of a battle over the day, running into the occasional bodies – there are more dead Naga than lizard people. We find a surviving Naga who has been horrible poisoned, and manage to heal him up – he agrees to join us. The Warrior Naga heads off for some hours, returning with some weapon from a hidden stash. The next day we find the body of a smaller Naga, similar to the one with us, they Naga is very angry about the loss of this person. The Naga are coming to trust us more and we see the smaller Naga can cast magic through a mace she holds.
The following day we finally arrive at the main Naga camp to find it besieged by about 150 Lizard people. The fortifications of the camp are strong, but they will eventually be breached. We spy on the camp for a few days and see there are lizard of different colours that operate at different times of the day. They are sending foraging parties out for food to support the large camp, and we decide to ambush these groups.
While spying on the Lizard people we clumsy communicate with the Naga and learn about the local wildlife. A the behest of the Naga we summon some frogs and a blue and purple variety appears. The Naga mage shows us how to cast a spell using the blue frog as a conduit (killing the frog and injuring the caster with acid) which enhances our spells a significant amount.
Our planning goes into high gear and we find ourselves with two gigantic blue frogs, the size or large carriages, and we are almost glowing from our empowered spells. We head off to attack on the foraging parties which we easily defeat. With our enhanced magic and gigantic frogs we decide to attack the main camp. The lizard camp were not expecting an attack and are caught off guard, the giant frogs cause chaos and we cut through the lizard people. Seeing the attack the Naga come out to assist the assault. When the dust settles about half the lizard people are killed and the other half routed.
We are taken into the camp and the Elder Naga thanks us for our assistance. We explain why we are on the island they let us know the Lizards have a camp near the mine entrance, making it very dangerous to approach. We also learn there is a malignant field around the city.
We spend around a week travelling to the outskirts of the city, its is devastated. We feel pressure on our minds a few hundred feet out that makes it hard to focus, it effects animals the most and Elves the least. The lower the aura strength the more if effects you. Investigating the magic we find its is Demonic, and has the mark of Melphas. It’s the remains of a curse inflicted 9,000 years ago. Its mind/mental in nature and there is no couterspell that can defect us against it. We decide to return home and report in with this information, so the next expedition is better prepared.
Velm - costal town that contains portal that connects to Alusia
Galfine - and island 84 miles across, roughly circular. There was a city, Ranule, at the north side of he island, Weiss was working here. The ports around the north side are surrounded by razor sharp rocks.
The Ranule map is 9,200 years old, from before the invasion and sea level rise. \The notable features known from that time are below, these may have change;
- A slate wall ran around most of the island
- The Portal Assembly area was on the ground level of the city. This is likely to have been destroyed.
- The Portal Research area was in basements, and may have survived. Weiss was working here.
- Sewer Tunnels ran through the city
- Iron Mines outside the city may have been connected to the sewers
- A renowned Alchemy shop was near the portal research area
- Cecile - The One who Designs. A skilled crafter and offers weapons, armour or items bound with celestial or binder magic.
- Weiss - The One who Analyses. A skilled magical researcher, may be able to offer magical alterations.
- Lizard people - inhabitants of island, in conflict with Naga. Have large but simple weapons. Lizards of different colour are active at different times of the day
- Naga - inhabitants of island, in conflict with Lizard people. Have well made and sophisticated weapons. There is a warrior and mage cast.
- Blue frogs - casting a spell through the frog enhances a spell, but the caster takes acid damage form the exploding frog
Purchased/acquired in Tyco
- Get some insect repellent.
- Get some spade and basic mechanical equipment.
- Rope, tarp etc to build raft, oars x2, folding poles x4, axe (Valmidia) , nails, hammer, saw
- Food stock
5,500sp - ransom for Tyco guild for the Orc mercenaries
Enchanted boots from Cecile
‘’How much time does the party spend sleeping, eating, travelling, doing rituals, etc each day’’
‘’What travel magic options does the party have, how far per cast/or per day if duration is longer than usual travel time.’’ ‘’Can the party eat/sleep/etc on the mode of transport.’’
First - Ash Norto
Second - Remel Grimmick
Third - Snowdrop Vargr
|Skirmish Formations (Front)|
- Snowdrop - racial infravision
- Remel - Witchsight (talent)
- Ash - racial witchsight
- GG- Fire Mage Infravision
- Vargr - Witchsight
General Buff Notes
Buffs listed in the table don't need to be detailed, other buffs not on the table must be mentioned at the time they are cast.
Y means always on, N/- means never on, 'Sit.' means when the party has time for buffs before a fight.
Weapon Spells which weapon/s it is going on normally should be noted also
Long duration buffs
|Water Breathing (Re)||18||Gills. Breath and see under water||19h||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Water proofing (Re)||8||protects completely from all forms of non-magical water damage.||27h||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Buoyancy (Re)||8||float at whatever depth they choose. Change depth 21ft/action||9 hr||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Cold Resistance (Re)||8||protects the target from the effects of temperature down to -16C. -3 from cold based attacks||9hr||Y||N*||Y||Y||Y|
|Waters of Healing (Re)||10||neutralise vemon and heal 1 EN. If no venom then heal [D-5]+10||22min||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Name (??)||##||????||? Hours||?||?||?||?||?|
- - Snowdrop's Cold Affinity Talent gives her the equivalent of a Rank 10 permanent Cold Resistance
Short duration buffs
|Weapon of Cold (Snowdrop)||8||+9 BC +3 D||13 Mins||?||Y||?||?||?|
|Armour of Ice (Snowdrop)||6||6 AP, wgt 5, -2 AG||210 Mins||?||N||?||?||?|
|Name (??)||##||????||? Hours||?||?||?||?||?|
|Armour of Earth (Ashe)||11||24 def 1 NA||6 Hours||?||?||?||?||?|
|Strength of Stone (Vargr)||9||+9 to St or EN||10 Hours||?||?||?||?||?|
|Sense danger||##||sense the presence of a hazard to the Adept’s life or wellbeing||Always||?||?||?||?||?|
|Detect Hidden (ranger)||##||In a natural setting a ranger may notice hidden entities, or recognise an ambush or trap before they walk into it||# Hours||?||?||?||?||?|
|Recognise danger (Navigator)||recognise non-magical danger at sea before subjecting the ship to it.||# Hours||?||?||?||?||?|
|Create Fog||20||In addition the conjured mist has the effect that all entities within the fog have their Strike Chances reduced by 25% due to limited visibility. Visibility is reduced to 1 hex. The spell of Water Breathing completely negates the effect of this spell.||126mn||?||?||?||?||?|
|Rainstorm||10||The caster summons a miniature rainstorm, radius 15 feet, that appears over the target’s head (little dark rain cloud, tiny lightning bolts and all). If the target fails to resist, the storm will follow them for the duration (even inside buildings), completely soaking everything not waterproof in 10 seconds. The distraction caused by the storm will add 20% per Rank to any rolls the target makes that are of a mental nature (i.e. require thought or concentration) or 10% per Rank to other rolls.
All characters in the area of effect will suffer these effects although the effects are halved if they are not the actual target of the spell
|Name (??)||##||????||# Hours||?||?||?||?||?|
|1||Guild Meeting Meeting Cecile and head to Tyco||2||Fight with Orcs.||3||Portal to Valmi. Travel to Ceciles home||4||Travel to Ceciles home||5||White Lotus
Enchant boots etc
|6||Seagate Light Festival|
Enchant boots etc
|7||Enchant boots etc||8||Enchant boots etc||9||Enchant boots etc||10||Sail to island||11||Sail to island||12||Sail to island||13||Canoe onto island|
|14||Canoe across island. Fight Lizard people||15||March with Naga||16||March with Naga||17||March with Naga, find main camp||18||Spy on Camp||19||Spy on Camp||20||Fight Lizards. Travel to city|
|21||Travel to city||22||Travel to city||23||Travel to city||24||Travel to city||25||Travel to city||26||Head back to boatSeagate Crafters Ball||27||Head back to boat|
|28||Head back to boat||29||Head back to boat||30||Head back to boat|
|1||Sail back to Cecile's||2||Sail back to Cecile's||3||Sail back to Cecile's||4||Return to SeagateSeagate Guildmasters Ball|
|5||6||7||8||9||10||Seagate Races||11||The Duke of Carzala's Summer Ball|
|15||Solstice||16||17||Seagate Summer Fair Day||18||Seagate Summer Fair Day|
|19||20||21||22||23||24||The Castellan of Brastor's Summer Ball||25|
|3||Day of Death||4||5||6||7||8||9|