I have been playing DQ since arriving in Auckland in 1990ish. My characters are:
- Aqualina - Human female water mage - High
- Aurora Steelwind - Elven female air mage - Medium High
- Basalic - Male human earth mage/warrior - High - Semi retired.
- Phaeton d'Tama - Human male celestial(solar) mage/Healer - High
- Angus McLeod - Human male fighter/namer and Brigetta's brother - Medium
- Galantha (Snowdrop) Nival - Halfling female Ice Mage - Bunny
I'm also the Seagate Adventurer's Guild Secretary and Librarian, maintaining the Guild Library Website of scribe notes and Seagate Times as well as the three mailing lists: dq-announce, dq and dq-pub.
I also GM on occasions, usually off-plane or in Pasifika
House rules that I use in my games to cover ambiguities (please let me know if these contradict official rules)
- Armour, including Natural Armour, does not stop Endurance damage unless the writeup specifically says so
- Walls of Light are translucent and can be seen through (and shot through). The brightness (or darkness) of the wall is rank dependant (cf Light)
Notes for Players
- Rule One - Always have fun.
- Extra EP for making the GM laugh.
- Please try and keep the 'F-Bombs' to a minimum. I'm not keen on them and if I hear one, I may have to ask you to repeat what you said, especially if I'm feeling moody that night, as the 'F-Bomb' just destroyed what you said.
- Anyone back-chats the GM or causes major disruption to the game will be docked a lot of EP. If there is a rules issue could it please be left until after the session unless it is vital that it be solved immediately. At the end, the GM's decision is final.
- Try and get your character sheets and items to me preferably before the first game so that we don't have to waste time on the first session checking stuff.
- California Smith and the Lost City of Pasifika - Summer 793
- Journey To The Center of Alusia - Autumn 794
- Signal Towers - Spring 794
- To The Evening Star - Autumn 795
- City In Flight - Autumn 796
- The Return Of The Prodigal Son - Summer 797
- Save Our Senshi - Spring 798
- Quest For Waters of Healing - Summer 799
- Pasifika In Peril - Winter 800
- Pasifikan Plundering - Summer 802
- Garweeze Wurld (Portals of Paeolithica II) - Spring 804
- The Death Gate - Spring 805
- A Little Autumn Cleaning - Autumn 807
- Swamp Exploration - Summer 808
- Rangiwhero Recon - Spring 808
- Sahuagin, Elves, and Merfolk. Oh My! - Spring 810
- Sahuagin Smackdown - Winter 811
- Who Let The Undead Out - Autumn 812
- The Wicked Witch of the Wet - Winter 813
- The Wood Wide Web - Summer 814
- Pro Bono - Winter 815
- Winter is Coming - Autumn 816
- Seagate's Haunts - Winter 816
- A Cultural Exchange - Winter 817
- Back Doors and Short Cuts - Winter 818
- Archaeological Expedition - Winter 819
- An Overflow of Goblins - Summer 820
- Coral Sea Colony - Winter 820
- Follow the Evening Star - Summer 821
- I Must Go Down To The Sea Again - Spring 821
- The Chaos That Sleeps In The Deep - Autumn 822
Stuff being worked on
- Star maps of the Alusian Sky (and other astronomical phenomina of note) - The Sky at Night
Wiki Image Credits
(List of photos I have taken that have been used in this wiki)