Kyujutsu is the art of the bow as practiced by the warriors of Kinlu, and is usable with the Kinlu Daikyu (longbow) and Hankyu (shotbow) and also with standard Alusian bows (Short, Long, etc). It cannot be used with Crossbows.
Kyujutsu ranks as Warrior for time and EP. It is not possible to add both Warrior and Kyujutsu bonuses at the same time, but should any bonuses from both skills be applicable the character gains the benefit of the greater.
- The Student's base chance with a bow is increased by 1% (+1/Rank).
- The Student gains an “engaged” initiative, whilst unengaged and with a bow prepared.
- This is calculated in the normal way, [AG + PC + Weapon + other bonuses], using bow rank for the weapon and adding an additional 1 (+1 per 2 full Ranks) with this skill.
- Using this initiative value the Student may choose to act in the engaged portion of a Pulse rather than the unengaged portion, in order to fire into or otherwise effect melee combat.
- Only their initiative and the timing of their actions are altered, any and all action restrictions are still based on them being unengaged.
- The Strike Chance penalty for shooting a target in a sheltered hex is reduced by 5% (+1 / Rank) provided that the shelter is predominantly a linear obstacle between the Student and the target, and there is sufficient ceiling height for the Student to arch their shot.
- Rank 4: the Student gains the ability to stack an additional Aim action.
- Rank 5: the Student gains an additional free action every Pulse.
- Rank 6: the Strike Chance penalty for shooting at long range is reduced to -2 per 5 hexes after first 5.
- Rank 7: the Student may attempt a ranged Disarm attack. This is calculated as for the an engaged Disarm.
- Rank 8: the Student gains the ability to stack an additional Aim action.
- Rank 9: the Strike Chance penalty for shooting at long range is reduced to -1 per 5 hexes after first 5.
- Rank 10: the Student gains an additional free action every Pulse.
Additional Aim Actions
- No other actions may be taken between the Aim actions.
- Each additional Aim action increases their Strike Chance by +10, and raises the chances of Endurance and Specific Grievous damage by 5% of modified Strike Chance.
- (e.g. at Rank 4 the Student may use a Pass action to Aim like any other archer, then follow that with another Pass action to Aim again to gain a total of +30 to Strike Chance and raise their chances of Endurance and Specific Grievous damage to 25% and 15% of modified Strike Chance respectively).
Additional Free Actions
- Additional free actions granted by Kyujutsu ranks may only be used to Load, Aim, Fire, Prepare, or Unprepare a Bow.