- Natural Habitat
- Very Rare
- 1-2 (1)
- Kraken are huge, black, fierce octupoids. They have a pointed beak and large, red eyes. A kraken's body is 30-40 feet long, and its 8 tentacles are about as long as its body. Their hide is thick and horny and they are 14-hex monsters.
- Kraken typically live by the shores of large, saltwater bodies, pulling swimmers and small vessels down to their demise. If a kraken's lair is found, it will frequently (80%) have a large treasure (25,000-35,000 Silver Pennies in value) stockpiled. Kraken tend to be unintelligent, but grow larger and more intelligent in cold water.
- The kraken's most fearsome attribute is its ability to rip ships apart with its hideously strong tentacles. It can usually handle ships up to 40 feet in length, shredding and then entirely consuming them and their contents within (D + 2) minutes after it emerged from the depths. In addition, a kraken can use the maelstrom spell from the College of Water Magics at rank 8-10.
- Movement Rates
- Swimming: 600
|WP:||25-30||PC:||17-20||PB:||1-3||TMR:||12||NA:||Hide absorbs 6 DP|
- A Kraken may attack with five tentacles. Each tentacle may crush or draw the victim towards the beak for a bite.
- Crush: BC 70%, [D + 4], Melee & Close, Rank 0.
- Bite: BC 30%, [D + 15], Close, Rank 0.