GM overview: An area based on mythological and pseduo-historical (shogunate) Japan, blended with the elven history of Alusia. A land where elven Samurai fight for their noble houses, and human peasants toil in rice paddies.
The survivors made their north to the islands of Kinlu, where most of them settled. Some of the survivors left shortly thereafter (or were forced to leave) and travelled further north before settling in the Dragon Isles. Unconfirmed information from Lord Yo has it that the survivors consisted of three of the great houses and a dozen of the minor houses of Erelhei, and that when members of the three great houses intended or began to become involved in the same arts that that caused their previous homeland's destruction the minor houses rose in rebellion and forced the three houses to leave Kinlu.
An archipelago of three major and many minor islands far to the east and south of western alusia. Total land area of about 145,000 square miles.
- Northern island, largest of the group. Heavily wooded in the central area and increasingly barren and mountainous in the north.
- Southern island, second largest island of the group. Sheltered and particularly fertile in the north. On the western, side towards the north end, lies the capital city of Kyoshin, home to House Tajin, and from where a permanently open public portal provides transport to Borovia in Western Alusia.
- Smallest of the major islands, to the west of Kozukura. Mountainous and rich in mineral resources.
- Small island to the north of Takafumi, mountainous with volcanic activity.
- Very small island to the west of the far north of Hiroyasu, possessing unusually high mana levels for the archipelago, home to house Amdijin and training area for most Kinlu mages.
- Small island to the east of Kozukura, rich in crystals and strange metals.
Two distinct racial groups inhabit Kinlu, the Erelheine (an elven sub-race), and humans. Humans in Kinlu are divided into two major ethnic groups: Akinrosi, (the majority, integrated with the Erelheine), and the Akros (mountain dwellers in the hinterland of two major islands, often in conflict with both Erelheine and Akinrosi).
Total population: approximately 12 million.
- Erelheine: 2.5 million
- Akinrosi: 9 million
- Akros: 0.5 million
The Erelheine and Akinrosi follow a strict class structure with four tiers: Nobles/Warriors, Artisans, Merchants, and Peasants (Farmers, Fishers, Labourers, and Menials).
While the Samurai class of Nobles and Warriors is almost exclusively Erelheine, not all Erelheine are members of the class. Across all of Kinlu the class numbers only about 1 million, with the remaining 60% of the Erelheine mostly falling into the Artisan and Merchant Classes. Akinrosi form the great bulk of the Peasant class, which at over 9 million makes up some 80% of the total population.
Social strata amongst the Akros is believed to be much looser, with only a few tribal chiefs and very few full-time warriors.
- Ruling house Tajin.
- Ruling triumvirate (Daikhan, Hajiin, Yuken).
- Council of three advisors (Kokhan the Summoner, Akrenza Tajin, General Olorin).
Twelve major nobles houses, number of minor houses (generally allies with / under patronage of one of the big twelve).
|Tajin||Eagle feather||Blue||Rice & Iron||North Kozukura||Ruling house|
|Atsan||Circle/Ring||Gold/Green||Gold/Money||Takafumii||Bankers, coiners, printers of money|
|Otaka||Wave||Dark Blue/Grey||Fishing & Shipping||South Hiroyasu||Naval forces|
|Amdijin||Wheel||Red/Gold||Magic||Akira||Training, mercenary mages|
|Yokosama||Interlocking rings||Black/Gold||Mercenaries||South Kozukura|
|Mou Lung||Lozenge & circle||Green||Dragons||Ryuushima|
|Gotami||Tea-plant fruit||Tea||Central Kozukura|
Houses hold traditional monopolies on certain commodities, or concepts. Other houses may make they goods or perform these services but usually with some licencing, or similar. In the case of food production all houses produce and consume food, but the houses that specialise in this area have considerable control of the overall market and prices.
Several additional weapons and skills are available for Kinlu.