Drakenburg was once part of the Western Kingdom.
Population: Settlements 8,000 Duchy 120,000
Lang: Common 80%, Clansound 100%
Captial: The last stone walled city of Drakenburg.
Population: 4,000 settlement, and 7,500 area.
- Drakenburg Area PDF 800k
Drakenburg was the site of some large battles during the Western Kingdom wars. The outer ring wall is still in ruins from that conflict. An Adventurer's Guild party was in large part responsible for winning the war.
Drakenburg is, in reality, a Duchy in name only.
It has two clear areas.
- The first being the small-civilised area of settlements around the main castle of Drakenburg in the south east of the Duchy. This area is smaller than Carzala.
- The second being the large area of horse clansman and horse barbarians. It is huge in size and is known as the wilds.
All of the old cities of the Duchy are now in ruins, as a result of the years of inter-clan fighting. Most of the clans gather once a year at a moot on the Rumble - a large open plain, North-West of Draken.
Other items of note:
- There are many hundreds of half completed long ships left over from the Western Kingdom wars, South of Draken Castle.
- Huge herds of wild buffalo migrate each year from the northern grasslands to the southern grasslands in the North of Eltrandor.
- The clans often raid anyone that tries to settle the area, but are shy of outsiders. Most civilised folk consider them to be a constant problem and danger to any settlement.
- The flying city of Runes makes landfall only few times a year and for only 4, 6, 3 and 11 days at a time. These landfalls are more a slow scrape-by with merchants trading as best they can. In the Spring, on its annual migration, Runes is low over the upper flatlands for two months - trade is conducted in the city's shadow. Runes has a population of 1200 people.
- Three very large underground Dwarven cities prosper.
- To the North-West lie the Lardic ruins.